Why you should use Polypropylene:
- Self Lubricating and Low Co-Efficient of Friction
- High Chemical Resistance
- Abrasion, Moisture and Electrical Resistance
- Stiffness, Rigidity, or Cut Resistance
- Low Specific Gravity (Floats in Water)
This materials is…in many applications where chemical resistance and stiffness are a must.
- Resistant to 180 degrees F and handles acids, alkalies and solvents extremely well.
- USDA and FDA approved for use in food processing applications.
- Excellent stiffness and rigidity
- Very good Dielectric Properties
- Impact and Stress Crack Resistant
- FDA and NSF Compliant
Material is frequently used in:
Polypropylene sheet is used in a broad variety of applications, but is particularly suited to the manufacture of chemical tanks for the following reasons:
- Can be formed into almost any shape
- Unsurpassed chemical resistance
- Reliably handles all acids, alkalis and solvents up to 180 degrees F
- Resistant to abrasion, cuts and moisture
- High tensile and compressive strength
- Dependably maintains rigidity in all weather conditions
- Superb dielectric properties
- Wide variety of formulations including conductive, glass filled and static dissipative
- Approved by the USDA and FDA for use in food processing applications
Materials Available As
030″ – 3″ in 48″ X 96″ Smooth Surfaces Natural Sheet
Black available in many thicknesses
.022″ – .060″ in 48″ wide Natural Only as standard
.250″ – 10″ diameter in Natural – 96″ lengths< Black is available in some sizes of Polypro Rod
Conductive, Glass Filled, Static Dissipative, Custom sizes, formulations, profiles or colors.
These Properties are for evaluation purposes only. This information is not to be construed as a warranty, guarantee or assurance that you may achieve the same results. Materials made from different resin types, manufacturing techniques and manufacturers will react differently. The information should be used to compare against other materials only, and each user should make his own tests to determine suitability. No warranty as to this materials suitability are either expressed or implied.
Typical Resin Properties:
||.90 – .915
|Tensile Strength Yield
||4,300 – 6,000
|Izod Impact – Notched
||.6 – 1.2
|Hardness – Rockwell
||R90 – 102