White and Black High Impact Styrene – HIS
High Impact Styrene material is a very common and widely used material.
In an expanded or foamed form, it is known as Styrofoam. The inside wall surfaces in your refrigerator is Styrene, the 8″ X 12″ signs (like “For Sale” or “Garage Sale”) are normally Styrene printed sheets.
It is the most popular rigid surface for silk screening, printing, and die cutting industries. It can be formed easily with beautiful results and can be painted and processed to make prototype parts quickly.
Why you should use High Impact Styrene:
- Great printing, painting and silk screening on smooth surfaces
- Has excellent vacuum forming properties
- Excellent low temperature properties
- Bonds to itself extremely well with solvent cements
- Cuts extremely well, and is easily cut with die-cutting methods
- Styrene is ITAR compliant, and Styrene is RoHS compliant
This material is an excellent choice for low temperature applications (the inside of your refrigerator and freezer is made from Styrene). It is a great material for die-cutting or stamping. A very popular material for printing, painting, and silk screening.
- Vacuum formed and die cut parts
- Cold temperature parts (refrigerators)
- Beautifully printed, painted or silk screened panels or parts
- Easy to fabricate parts, easily cut and shaped
Materials Available As
.020″ -.250″ up to 48″ X 96″ in a Natural (White) and some Black.
High Impact Styrene is a common plastic “building block” used in numerous application from model making to FDA compliant parts. In stock and ready to ship, cut to size or we can provide “blanks” to ease your production.
These Properties are for evaluation purposes only.
This information is not to be construed as a warranty, guarantee or assurance that you may achieve the same results. Materials made from different resin types, manufacturing techniques and manufacturers will react differently. The information should be used to compare against other materials only, and each user should make his own tests to determine suitability. No warranty as to this materials suitability are either expressed nor implied.